I am happy and humbled to share with you all that the lovely Elizabeth over at Living Running Cooking has nominated me for a Liebster Award this week. For those that don’t know, this award is given to up and coming bloggers in blogland. It is such a great way to learn more about each other and hopefully gain some new followers.
Here’s How It Works:
The Nominee must list 11 statements about themself
The Nominee must answer the 11 questions the Nominator asked them
The Nominee must nominate 11 others
Go to their page and tell them
No Tag backs please
Ok…here goes nothing!
1st 11 things you may or may not already know about Mrs. Dr. Looze:
1. I have an older brother who is 30 (almost 31), a younger sister who is 26 and a sister-in-law who is 31 – and I adore them all. I’m also a sister-in-law to 3 wonderful New England bred brothers on Mr. Dr.’s side.
2. I love summer as much as I hate winter.
3. I am looking forward to being a mom someday.
4. I’m Italian, German and Serbian.
5. I love cheese. It is quite possible one of my biggest weaknesses.
6. Mr. Dr. and I have a standing Chipotle date every Sunday.
7. My ultimate dream job would be to have my own talk show.
8. I love tomato sauce but hate cold tomatoes.
9. Later in life, the one thing I want to
make Mr. Dr. get as a gift for me splurge on is a white Range Rover.
10. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
11. I played soccer competitively for about 20 years of my life.
2nd the Answers to Elizabeth’s Questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I love to write and wanted an enjoyable hobby for the many hours I spend solo while my hubby is off working hard in the hospital. What I didn’t know was how many other bloggers there were out there that I could relate to. It has been such an amazing outlet for me.
2. Describe yourself in 5 words.
Outgoing, Supportive, Curious, Fun, Loving
3. What are your hobbies?
This blog, trying new restaurants and of course…experimenting with new cocktails.
4. What is your life goal?
To be surrounded by great family and friends every day, and for my hubby and I to one day have a loving, prosperous family of our own…residency hours not welcome!
5. Dogs vs cats?
Hands down Dogs.
6. If you could have one superhero power what would it be?
I would choose to turn into a fly on a wall anytime I want in any place I want.
7. What is your most embarrassing moment?
I am sure I have quite a few but one that sticks out is one that my mom will appreciate. Senior year of high school, she picked me up in the morning from one of my college recruiting visits. And in the car on the way home she was asking me about how it went and I was mid-sentence when I started to projectile vomit because I was so hungover. She had to pull over so I could get out and get myself together on the side of the road. That was not fun and neither was my headache for the rest of the day. Luckily she didn’t say much but I was in enough pain. If only that was the only time I threw up from drinking…
8. If you had to go back and relive one year, what would it be and why?
My wedding day was the best day of my life so far so I would probably go back to that day and relive the next year all over. Even though the first year of residency started within it, we had a lot of firsts together that I would absolutely love to do over – including an unbelievable honeymoon in Tahiti.
9. If you could give up one bad habit, what would it be?
I used to be a Division 1 athlete and now I barely workout. I really want to get back in shape but often times the glass of wine at the end of the day wins!
10. What is your dream vacation?
I truly feel like I have already had my dream vacation on our honeymoon in Bora Bora but if I had to choose another it would be on a different remote island where the sun shines all day, the beach is white, the water is clear and the cocktails are flowing.
11. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Reality TV – Obsessed!
My questions for my nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. If you could be any animal in the world what would you pick and why?
3. What would you choose for your last meal on earth?
4. What’s your middle name?
5. If you could plan out every day of your life for the next 5 years would you?
6. What is your favorite city in America?
7. What is your biggest downfall?
8. What is your best attribute?
9. If a movie was made about you who would play you?
10. What is your favorite article of clothing that you own?
11. If you had to pick, what is one thing you would change about your appearance?
And last but not least here are my nominees:
Hop Skip Jump Ashley
Dirty Water Dirty South
This Time I Mean It
Tall skinny Rich
The Pumpkin Spot
Labcoats & Liabilities
White Coat Wife
Medicine: A Love Story
Thoughts of a Doctor’s Wife
The Life Unexpected
Happy Friday Friends!